Wire Transfers and International Electronic Payments
Those wishing to make payments to the student account via wire transfer or international electronic transfer should do so using Western Union Business Solutions GlobalPay for Students through IRISHPAY*. This option allows families to pay the student account balance in the local currency and provides a simple and secure way of initiating a payment electronically.
Please note: The Notre Dame Office of Student Accounts cannot accept a wire transfer in excess of the amount due on the student account. If a transfer is received that is in excess of the account balance, the excess amount may be returned to the sender. (Families wanting to provide their student with funds for living expenses should transfer funds directly to the student’s personal bank account.)
What are the benefits of using the Western Union Business Solutions GlobalPay for Students option?
• You make payment in the currency of your choice. This amount is then converted to U.S. dollars.
• The exchange rate quote is locked in for your payment for 72 hours after the quote is obtained.
• The exchange rate is very competitive when compared to your financial institution’s retail rates, and bank service fees may be reduced since the wire transfer that you initiate is a local transfer.
• There are no transaction charges from Western Union Business Solutions or Notre Dame, though you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank.
Efficient and Timely Posting
• Payments include your reference information to ensure your payment reaches your Notre Dame student account quickly, typically in two to five business days after your bank initiates payment.
Where can I see the list of currencies that are available?
Once in the GlobalPay for Students website, the list of currencies is available by clicking on the drop down arrow just below “Paying fees from.”
How much am I able to send?
The amount being transferred to Notre Dame should be for tuition, fees and other charges on your student account. Tuition and fee charges are billed in accordance with the academic terms (fall/spring/summer, if applicable) and are expected to be paid in a timely manner. Refer to IRISHPAY for the most current balance on your student account.
What if I want to wire money to the student?
A family wanting to wire money to the student should transfer the funds directly to the student’s personal bank account. Amounts in excess of the balance due on the student cannot be refunded to the student and will be returned to the sender.
What if the student does not have a personal bank account in the United States?
If the student does not have a U.S. bank account, (s)he should review the information provided by the Office of Treasury Services regarding Student Banking prior to opening a personal bank account.
*Don't have access to IRISHPAY?
Get started by visiting Western Union Business Solutions GlobalPay for Students.
Who do I call if I have a question?
For general inquiries about the payments process, please contact Western Union at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-218-8829.