Wire Transfer (Domestic and International)
Those wishing to make payments to the student account via wire transfer should do so using Western Union’s Bank to Bank Transfer process. This option allows families to pay the student account balance in the local currency and provides a simple and secure way of initiating a payment electronically. Details are provided in the Step-by-Step Guide to Making a Payment.
Western Union’s Bank to Bank Transfer provides the following benefits:
• You make payment in the currency of your choice. This amount is then converted to U.S. dollars. You may review the List of Currency Options.
• The exchange rate quote is locked in for your payment for 72 hours after the quote is obtained.
• The exchange rate is very competitive when compared to your financial institution’s retail rates, and bank service fees may be reduced since the wire transfer that you initiate is a local transfer.
• There are NO transaction charges from Western Union or Notre Dame, though you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank.
Efficient and Timely Posting
• Payments include your reference information to ensure your payment reaches your Notre Dame student account quickly, typically two to five business days after your bank initiates payment.
Step-by-Step Guide to Making a Payment
For general inquiries about the payments process, please contact Western Union at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-218-8829.